Friday, March 14, 2008

Into the Wild...



So, I watched this movie last night with Carlos...more so, we experienced this movie.

It comes across as your low-budget, Sundance film festival type movie, but it is one of thse movies where you turn it off and are silent for minutes, even hours later.

Here is the plot summary:

Based on a true story. After graduating from Emory University in 1992, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandoned his possessions, gave his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhiked to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters who shape his life. Written by Lisa Kelley

Doesn't sound so hot, but I read the book and really enjoyed the movie.

I sat for a bit afterward and even as I layed in bed trying to go to sleep, and mentally worked through the movie. Could I do wht he did? He basically gets fed up with the world and all of the superficial BS and monetary stuff, ditches everything he has and takes off on this journey with just a few provisions.

It really makes you take a look at your life and put value on the things that really matter.

It is "R" rated due to some nudity and some language through out, and it's 2 1/2 hours long. I cried, I laughed, I was in shock and I wondered. Don't watch it looking for a Hollywood Blockbuster, it's not, but if you watch it looking for the underlying meaning to why this guy did what he did, you'll really enjoy it!

Let me know if this would be something you would watch...if leaving everything behind is something you could do, or something you've thought about doing...

Ciao for now!

2 comments:

Shamelessly said...

Yes I'd watch it. No I wouldn't do it. I'm way to big of a wuss. I'll have to shre my feeling about the wilderness in a blog. I totally think you could though. No doubt in my mind.

PS... I've been trying to get our old friend Jenny in the loop and from there Annalee. I think I need a little help lol.

SuziQ said...

I really want to see this movie but haven't yet. I know I couldn't do it, but anyone who could just amazes me!